Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Missie's Memorial


Missie Swiney was born March 23, 1998. She was one of three girls in a litter of seven border collie puppies born in Arlington, Texas. She was chosen very carefully and lovingly by Clint & Jennifer Swiney of Grand Prairie, Texas to be a companion and mate to their ruggedly handsome boy dog, Sly Swiney, of Circle J Ranch in Commerce, Texas. She was a happy, playful puppy full of energy and kisses. She loved swimming, camping, eating leftovers, licking faces, chasing balls and laser beams, digging, barking, running, jumping, going for rides and walks, and cuddling on the couch. Missie's life was unexpectedly cut short on April 9, 2007. She is survived by a litter of puppies she bore including Titus Garrett of Arlington and Trinity Gaines of DeSoto. She will always be remembered as the wonderful dog she was and will remain in our hearts forever.

4 comments:

Mrs. SeƱora Cobbey said...

I'm so sorry for what happened! We will miss Missie.

Pamelotta said...

I hate that. I still get sad when I think about Iris. She was the best dog I have ever had. I know she would love this place we are living at now if she were here. What happened?

Jennifer said...

We think she had a stroke or injured her spine somehow while we were out of town for Easter. My brother came to check on the dogs and found her on the back porch unable to move. She didn't improve overnight and when we came home that afternoon she was no better. We gave her one more night, tested the feeling in her legs, and made the decision to put her down. It was hard. But it was also the best decision for her and our family. The first few days were the hardest, but now everyone is adjusting. Sly seems okay too.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I was sad when Monica told me about Missie. I was glad to hear that Sly seems OK, though.

I also wanted to say that your profile is perfect -- beautifully written. I was just trying to avoid studying for a little bit, and I started clicking links from Monica's blog. I'm glad I ran across yours. I hope to see you guys soon. I was just thinking of you all the other day and wondering when our "piles of dishes" would ever diminish enough so we could spend more time with old friends.

Luther